5G-Robot – 5G Enabled Autonomous Mobile Robotic Systems
The 5G Robot project vision is to move from a traditional industrial architecture (the triangle) to a much more flexible digitalization architecture.
Our vision is to combine and integrate the following main technologies: 5G, Edge-Cloud, Digital Twin, and Mobile Robotic Systems
- To Improve cost efficiency and expand usability of autonomous mobile robots.
- To ease integration, flexibility and safety of autonomous mobile robots in green field and brownfield scenarios (in interaction with humans).
- To make a leap forward in research of new emerging technologies for innovative solutions to the above.
Ultimately bringing the already strong Danish robot industry among the world leaders in 5G AMR-S.
Fast and reliable 5G connectivity as enabler for mobility and flexibility:
- Use new releases of 5G rather than traditional technologies (WiFi), to increase reliability and speed in mobile robot applications.
Interoperability between different AMR vendors:
- Develop of an inter-fleet manager, which communicates with individual vendor fleet managers and apply the holistic world model from the digital twin to issue priority to occupy shared areas.
Functional integration of AMR platforms and robotic arms:
- More integrated, easier to deploy and operate solutions.
- Solutions needing highly-synchronized robot-to-robot movements.
Edge-cloud for low-cost flexible computation:
- Establish central clouds suitable for delay-sensitive industrial applications.
- Bring the low-latency cloud computing resources to the proximity of the end-user.
Real-time multilayer digital twin:
- With focus on enhanced real-time control of autonomous mobile robotic systems (AMR-S).
- It will hold a holistic world model (including a dynamically updated location map of robots, people and other moving objects).
Open reference architecture and interfaces:
- Define a reference architecture for 5G-enabled AMR-S.
- Flexible architecture.
- Ensures integration and interoperability.